The Experience You Need.
The Solutions You Want.
Joyce E. Barrett
Counsel in Ohio Supreme Court cases of Cherry v. Cherry, 66 Ohio St. 2d 348, 421 N.E. 2d 1293 (1981); McClain v. McClain, 15 Ohio St. 3d 289, 473 N.E. 2d 811 (1984); and Schulte v. Schulte, 71 Ohio St. 3d 41, 641 N.E. 2d 719 (1994); member Ohio Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Child Support Enforcement; past -Chairperson-Cuyahoga County Bar Association - Family Law Section; past Chairperson Certification and Specialization Committee of Family Law Section-American Bar Association; lecturer in family law for continuing legal education seminars sponsored by American Bar Association, Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Summit County Bar Association, Cleveland Women Lawyers Association, Ohio Family Law Institute, Inc., Parma Bar Association, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association; Fellow of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; Author of "Practice and Procedure in Domestic Relations;"(January, 1984 - 2021); contributor to Banks Baldwin "Ohio Domestic Relations Law;" named in 2006 and all subsequent editions of "Super Lawyers;" Lecturer for Bar Review courses, Bar-Bri and West Publishing, in family law; Adjunct professor of Law Cleveland State University- Cleveland -Marshall College of Law 1991 to date; Certified specialist in family law, 1999, by Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Certification of Attorneys as Specialists; re-certified in 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018, and 2021. Certified as an arbitrator by American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - 2006; Certified as Family Law mediator - 2009.
- Family Law
Current Employment Position
- Ohio, 1971
- Super Lawyers
- Mastering the Complexities of Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Specialization and Certification Committee of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association, Past Chairperson
- Family Law Section of the Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Past Chairperson
- Ohio Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Child Support Enforcement, Member
Specialties & Certifications
- Certified Specialist in family law, Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Certification of Attorneys as Specialists
- Certified as an Arbitrator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2006
- Certified as Family Law mediator, Ohio Supreme Court, 2009